The Lee County Supervisor of Elections office continually strives to maintain positive and productive relationships with its media partners. The following guidelines will help our partners obtain desired information, footage, and interviews:
- Members of the media need to obtain clearance from the Communications Director prior to arriving at any branch office.
- The Communications Director will assist in facilitating any media requests with Tommy Doyle, Supervisor of Elections, and his staff.
- To expedite requests for interviews and/or footage, please include details about:
1. The information sought
2. Individuals with whom you wish to speak
3. Any footage you would like to obtain.
For inquiries and requests, please submit a media request here.
Early Voting Sites and Election Day Precincts
- Section 102.031(5), Florida Statutes provides that photography is not allowed in the polling room or early voting area.
- Media members are not permitted in the polling room or early voting area except to vote, observe set-up prior to opening the polls or to observe the closing of the polls.
- Election Workers are instructed to decline interviews and must refer media members to the Elections Office.
- Please contact our office if you plan to conduct an exit poll.
- Section 102.031(4)(b), Florida Statutes provides that Exit Polling can occur inside the 150-foot no-solicitation zone provided it is conducted in an area that does not interfere with voter access to the polling place.
Tracking Voter Turnout & Election Results
Visit Election Results to follow voter turnout. Online charts track ballots cast, not votes counted.
- Vote-by-Mail - Statistics are updated daily after the initial mailing of ballots.
- Early Voting - Statistics are live and updated daily during Early Voting.
- Election Night - All election results are unofficial until the final canvass during which the Canvassing Board will certify the official results of the election.
- Early Voting - (EV200) results will be released at 7:00 p.m.
- Vote-by-Mail - (VBM850) results will be released at 7:00 p.m., except vote-by-mail ballots that have been returned in the 24 hours prior to Election Day, as some of these, may still require tabulation.
- Election Day - (ED200) results will be released in the order received after Early Voting and Vote-by-Mail results are released.
Public Records Requests
To make a public records request, click here.
Under Florida law (F.S. 6688.6076), email addresses are public records. If you do not want your email address released in response to a public records request, do not send electronic mail to this entity. Instead, contact this office by phone or in writing.